Thai Yoga Massage
Thai Yoga Massage is an ancient healing modality and therapeutic style of massage that combines soft tissue manipulation techniques, assisted yoga postures, breathing and meditation to bring the body into a state of deep relaxation.
- Using healing touch along the body’s energy lines and pressure points, this therapeutic art has been attributed to relieving muscle tension, improving circulation, boosting the immune system and balancing the body energetically. This style of touch honours that each body is different and every body will require a different approach to relaxation.
- Thai Yoga Massage is performed fully clothed on large padded mats. No oils are used on the body, however there will be essential oils diffused in the room during the treatment (if you are sensitive to diffusion of pure, therapeutic grade essential oils, please let me know prior to your appointment). Every treatment is different and will be designed based on your needs and requests. This is a very gentle approach to Thai Yoga Massage and will leave you feeling stretched, calm, and centered.
- Most postures will require you to sit back and relax while I take you through a series of passive stretches (where I do the work for you). Please wear clothing that is able to move with you, and beyond. Avoid wearing shorts and anything less than short sleeves, even in the warmer months. Your body temperature will drop as you slip deeper into relaxation. Blankets are also readily available to help you stay comfortable.
- Please arrive early to allow enough time to fill out a health questionnaire and to talk about your bodies needs that day.
- Try to eat at least 1 hour before your treatment (more if possible) so your meal has some time to digest.
- After your massage, drink plenty of fresh water to cleanse your system. This will also help to hydrate the worked tissue and enhance the benefits of the treatment.
Here’s what Thai Yoga Massage looks like: